Monday, October 18, 2010

Expectations & Transformations

So as of this weekend, I have altered my concept even further (imagine that, ha) and am really interested in studying transformations and expectations. This first came about as I was observing my sisters and planning to do a photo project on them and their lives. As I began sketching and making word associations, I ended up with the words "transformation, perform, band, expectation, succeed, failure". This made me start to wonder if doing a photo proj on this would be interesting...so I took some photos of both my sisters in their band outfits. The basic concept of this is that the first picture is an ordinary picture where the viewer has no expectations of the subject. After this picture, I took numerous pictures-with each picture I would add an item of clothing that fit the setting. By the end of the photoshoot, the viewer should have some expectation of the subject and as to their performance. In the last picture, I captured the subject's clothing and items on the ground so that the viewer can decide whether that individual succeeded or failed at what they did. The whole point of this project is to study and reveal what kind of expectations people put on each other and how these expectations can lead us in the wrong or right direction. I plan to capture many other individuals and their hobbies/jobs in this same manner. For instance...an actress, hunter, and beauty queen.


PS...you should have seen my sisters and I get all this band stuff from the car to the field...let's just say there were a lot of gates and teamwork involved...probably one of the craziest/funniest things we've ever done haha





No comments: