Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Photo Project- Round One

This past weekend I was able to go out and actually interview someone who could potentially be a great part of my series. I was a little intimidated at first to go to the flea market and just randomly find someone to talk with and take pictures of...but Mr. Danny made it a little easier than I thought it would be. I like to call Mr. Danny "The Coin Man" because he has a huge collection of coins he sells and shows every Saturday at the flea market. He has been collecting them since he was in grade school he said. Danny also told me that he was in the Army and lived in Germany for a couple years. He also shared how he had tragically lost his best friend in the war. He also has a rare lung disease and joked that his smoking was going to cure it. I really enjoyed getting to know him, but it was really hard to carry on a conversation while also trying to take photos in a non-evasive way. I also need to spend more time scoping the area and coming up with some good photo layouts before beginning to talk with people. I need to also take in consideration all the physical elements around my individuals that would help the photograph better reflect them as an individual and what they have been through and believe. Here's a few photos from Saturday's shoot...

No comments: